Got it assembled in the barn, on the tripod. They do still use a 1/2 X 13 center bolt so it will go onto my pier with no issues, but I may have to hire a crane to get it upstairs. If this mount is, as folks keep claiming, a Mach1 clone, then I admire the Hell out of anyone who uses a Mach1 in the field. I’m sure it is heavier than the NJP I just dragged downstairs (Well, I made Freddy drag it downstairs. I did take it off the pier.). It was all I could do get it out of the box and onto the tripod, with the tripod set very low (it is short, like the later cut-down Giant Field Tripods).
No GPS reception in the barn, so couldn’t test that. No stars in there, either, so couldn’t test the Starlock. I tested what I could and all seems fine. Sounds growlier than I expected, but I’ve been using a stepper-driven mount for four years so I may just not remember what servos sound like. Both axes sound the same so it isn’t a bad motor or gear or anything like that. Next step is to drag it upstairs somehow and give it a real trial.